3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape 4229P is a 0.76mm thick, medium-density, dark grey acrylic foam double sided adhesive tape with high performance acrylic adhesives.
Double Sided Acrylic foam adhesive tape is grey with red polyethylene release liner.
General purpose double sided adhesive tape with superior adhesive bonding strength for a wide variety of surfaces.
Can be used to stick neodymium magnets to non-ferrous material surfaces like plastic, copper, stainless steel, wood, glass, tiles, concrete as these materials does not work directly with magnets.
The acrylic foam of 0.76mm thick allows the adhesive to mould to slightly rough surfaces like concrete.
- Good isolation, buffering and shock absorption
- Reduces noise caused by vibration
- Reduces stress points at seams
- Weather proofing
- Expansion buffering
- Good temperature change tolerance
Available in 6mm, 10mm and 15mm width of 3 meters length per roll.
3M™ Acrylic Foam Double Sided Adhesive Tape 4229P: suitable for automotive, stainless steel, ABS, PVC, door trimmings, ornaments, luggage rack slats, wind and rain deflectors and dashboard. This tape utilizes 3M™ acrylic foam core and adhesive technology that has been proven successful on numerous automotive and general applications. The acrylic foam core has unique visco-elastic properties that allows it to stretch and return when put under load, minimizing stress on the adhesive bond line. These properties allow the tape to bond more effectively to a wide variety of rigid surfaces.
3M™ 4229P double sided pressure sensitive adhesive with release plastic film.
High adhesive strength, strong bond, excellent performance for vibration reduction and anti-crack, good weather resistance.
Home, office, auto mobile, accessories, construction, decoration, signboard, glass, tiles etc.
Suitable for both Indoor and Outdoor for both smooth and slightly uneven surfaces.
1) Clean surface thoroughly (recommend: cleaning with alcohol pad of 70% alcohol to remove any oil or grease)
2) Apply 3M™ adhesive tape without excessive stretching
3) Apply firm pressure along entire length of tape to ensure maximum surface contact with adhesive (initial pressure contact achieve 60% adhesion strength)
4) Leave adhesive to cure (or wet-out) for 24 hours to achieve up to 80% adhesion strength (after 72 hours adhesion strength of 95% can be achieved)
For some Low Energy Surfaces like TPO, polypropylene, PPO, polycarbonate and some types of plastics, 3M™ 94 Primer, a special resin adhesion promoter is recommended to alter the surface characteristics to enhance surface bonding with 3M™ double sided adhesive tape.
Each roll of 3M™ 4229P adhesive tape is 3 meters in length.
Order quantity is for 1 roll of 3 meters of your selected 6mm, 10mm or 15mm type.
Eg. if you order 1 qty of 10mm type, you will get 1 roll of 10mm x 3 meters long.