Large Diameter Disc Magnets N52 30mm dia x 1.6mm 2pcs/pack
(Upgraded to N52 from N42)
These Large Disc Neodymium Magnets with slim profile provides a large surface area which is useful for sticking to flat surfaces.
The pull strength is distributed across a larger surface area, hence it is not as strong in magnetic concentration as a smaller but thicker neodymium magnet, which is a good thing.
It is also safer to handle than a 5mm or 10mm neodymium magnet of the same diameter. (this is much less painful should your fingers got pinched compared to the 25mm dia x 10mm magnet!)
In some cases, too much magnetic strength may not be ideal. Why?
– In some situations, if the pull force is too strong, you might end up pulling the entire object along instead of separating it. And if a ferrite magnet were used, it is either too weak or bulky for the job.
Since this is so thin and suitable to stick on flat surfaces, why doesn’t it comes with adhesive on 1 side?
– Our QuikDisc is a real time saver because it is frustratingly difficult and time consuming to cut, paste or peel double sided adhesive on small sized magnets < dia. 10mm.
But with a diameter of 30mm, it is quite easy to stick different double sided adhesive (foam type, tissue type, clear type, super glue, epoxy adhesive etc.) of your choice to these slim beauty.
Hence, it is more versatile than if it came with a fixed adhesive on 1 side.
How or Where can I use this large disc neodymium magnets?
– Back of Remote Controls
– Mobile phone Holder (caution, may affect the compass direction)
– Dressing Table to organise hair pins etc.
– Work desk to organise stapler, paper clips, notes (attach a paper clip to your notes and it attaches to the magnet)
Above: Stuck to the side of a shoe cabinet with normal double sided adhesive covering the entire back surface. It is safer, neater and more convenient than attaching a regular hook.
The keyring on shoe horn attach magnetically to to the disc magnet.
Many more usages waiting your discovery.
Workshop Metal Shelving/DIY work:
– Attach regularly used tools like spanner, screwdriver, hammer neatly on metal shelving.
– Put a single piece in pocket to hold metal ruler on outside of pocket while you do a series of measurement and marking.
– Use it to locate metal structure or ‘C’ Channel behind partition board for drilling.
Disc thickness were measured with 10 pcs of magnets as the accuracy of the vernier calliper is ± 0.1, hence each piece is appx. 1.58mm thick.
(Tolerance: ± 0.1 mm)
Weight: appx. 8.6g
Grade: N52 (Upgraded, Previously was N42)
Magnetisation: Thru 1.6mm thickness
Max. Operating Temperature: 80 ° C
Tolerance: ± 0.1 mm
Each pack contains 2 pieces of 30mm dia. x 1.6mm disc magnets.